Ladies and Gentlemen,
An ounce of caution is worth a pound of cure!
At this time there is not a cure for COVID-19. With this understanding, Thunder Beach Sand Soccer KC would like to provide you with our approach to helping stem this tide.
Below are the COVID-19 guidelines from KSYSA Youth Soccer and Thunder Beach programs, along with the additional guidelines for players, parents, and spectators who come to the Thunder Beach complex to watch or participate in the Thunder Beach sand soccer programs.
- Ensure the health and safety of the athletes
- Inquire how the athletes are feeling, send them home should you believe they act or look ill
- Follow all state and local health protocols
- Ensure all athletes have their individual equipment (ball, water, bag, etc.)
- Coach is the only person to handle cones, discs, etc.
- All training outdoors and ensure social distancing per state or local health guidelines.
- Always wear a face covering, when not actively coaching, maintain social distance requirements from players based on state and local health requirements
- Have fun and stay positive – players and parents are looking for you to stay calm, supportive and caring during this time
- The use of scrimmage vest/bibs/pennies are not allowed at this time
- Ensure your child is healthy by checking your child’s temperature daily
- Limited or no carpooling
- Stay in your car or adhere to social distance requirements, based on state and local health requirements. A face covering is required if outside your car and unable to maintain social distancing
- Ensure your child’s clothing is washed after every training/game session(s)
- Ensure all equipment, cleats, ball, shin guards, etc., are sanitized before and after every training/game
- Notify club immediately if your child becomes ill for any reason
- Do not assist the coach with the equipment before or after training/games
- Be sure your child has necessary sanitizer with them at every training/game
- Take temperature daily
- Wash hands thoroughly before and after training/game
- Bring and use, hand sanitizer with you to every training/game
- Wear a face covering before and immediately after all training/game when social distancing cannot be maintained
- Do not touch or share anyone else’s equipment, water, snack, clothing, bag or personal items
- Practice social distancing, place bags and equipment at least 6 feet apart
- Wash and sanitize all equipment before and after every training/game
- No group celebrations, no high 5’s, hugs, handshakes, etc.
THUNDER BEACH COMPLEX
Plan to arrive 30 minutes before your game
Prepare for longer than usual wait times to check-in your team. People and players must keep the 6-foot distance between another person during check-in. You may be asked to take a contactless temperature check upon check-in or while waiting in line.
3. Face Coverings
Face coverings are not required to have on during the sand soccer games. Those people going into the building to use the restroom, or order food and beverages must follow the requirement posted by Park Lanes Bowling Center. It is highly recommended for spectators to watch the games wear a face mask.
4.Food & Beverages
Please remember the only food or beverage items allowed to be brought into the complex is a water bottle. All other food and beverage items may be purchased inside the bowling center and brought out to the sand soccer complex by going through the glass doors next to the outside bar.
Please note: Thunder Beach Sand Soccer KC, in our Agreement with Park Lanes, is prohibited from having ANYTHING to do with food and beverage sales or service. The food and beverage service is solely dependent on how the Park Lanes management wishes to handle it.
There are indoor restrooms available inside the Park Lanes Family Fun Center.
6. Game Balls
Soccer balls will be provided by Thunder Beach KC and they are to be wiped off with a sanitary wipe or disinfectant spray after going out of bounds before returning into play. Teams are asked to designate one person to assist with sanitizing game balls.
In the past Park Lanes has provided tables and chairs for players and spectators so they may sit and watch the action while enjoying food and beverages from the patio and outdoor deck. If there are tables and chairs, the tables will be separated by 6 ft.
People not wanting to enter the complex may bring their own seating and sit on the hill on the west side of the complex. Unless you are members of the same family, please maintain the 6-foot social distancing requirements.
Whether you watch from inside or outside the complex, please maintain 6-foot social distancing requirements and always clean up your seating area before you leave.
Smoking of any sort is not allowed anywhere inside the Thunder Beach KC complex.
Thunder Beach Sand Soccer KC wants to invite you and your family to attend and support your family member(s) participating in our program. Adults who bring children with them to our complex are solely responsible for the health and safety of those children. Children may not dig holes in the sand, as these holes can easily lead to twisted ankles or worse. Children are also prohibited from kicking the ball around on the sidelines as balls entering the field of play could result in injury. Parents are responsible to ensure children do not throw sand, play in the outdoor showers or sprinklers, scream, fight, and run unsupervised. Parents must accompany any children entering the bowling center.
Animals are prohibited unless that animal is a certified service animal.